[ntp:questions] Will ntpd tell me if it encounters problems?

Heiko Gerstung heiko.removethistext.gerstung at meinberg.de
Fri Apr 13 12:00:32 UTC 2007

gluino schrieb:
> This was what I was looking for!
>
> http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/time-server-monitor.htm
> Meinberg's "NTP Time Server Monitor" -- "The NTP Time Server Monitor,
> available for the operating systems Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Server,
> allows the user to configure and control the local NTP service with a
> userfriendly graphical user interface. Secondary the current status of
> the local NTP service, as well as external NTP services, can be
> displayed."
>
> Not the most polished GUI app perhaps, but it's freeware, and packed
> with features: stats graphs, email+snmp+syslog alerts!
> And it seems to me, if you want this on your Windows desktop for the
> purpose of monitoring a ntpd on a server elsewhere, you have to
> install the whole NTP program on your desktop first.

Well, you _should_ use an NTP synchronized machine if you monitor NTP
servers, no? :-)

If you do not run NTP on the machine where you run our time server
monitor, you will not be able to use most of the features, because they
are referring to the local instance of NTP.

Any more questions? Use the forum at www.time-server-monitor.com or
contact us at support at meinberg.de ...

Best Regards,
Heiko