[ntp:questions] TrueTime refclock Users?

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Wed Apr 18 01:13:49 UTC 2007

>>> In article <004e01c78107$3b7dc1c0$0a00a8c0 at Inspiron>, jason at extremeoverclocking.com (Jason Rabel) writes:

Jason> Harlan, Yes, I checked out those links, nobody else listed with a NTS
Jason> and there isn't any additional information, but that's okay.

Jason, those areas of the documentation are even more driven by the
community.

Several of us add documentation wherever we can, and we simply do not know
what to add for a large number of refclocks (because we don't have them).

Unless people like you add content, there will be no content.

Jason> I was swearing up and down the other day wondering why the driver
Jason> wasn't working. I knew my C skills were rusty, but the driver code
Jason> isn't *that* complex. I must of re-written the driver routines about
Jason> 3 or 4 different ways. Not knowing what all the debug references were
Jason> (I think a few led me down a false path), I was having to dig through
Jason> even more code trying to figure out their meaning.

Jason> I finally tossed the true driver completely and re-wrote it based on
Jason> the nmea driver. This eliminated a lot of the old testing routines
Jason> for ancient TrueTime devices and was much cleaner.

Roger Wiechman has volunteered to maintain the TrueTime driver - perhaps you
could work with him?

Do you think your new driver would be a good replacement for the old one?