[ntp:questions] NMEA-PPS and the lost "1 second"

David Anullo david_anullo at itacosystems.com
Fri Apr 27 11:01:47 UTC 2007

I, finally (for those that have read my precedent question), make a
gps-pps-nmea test. But now i have see that when gps lost the satellites
signal (remain with 3-4 good satellites), the offset (i have plot the
peerstat file) goes down immediately to 1 second.

Until that the satellites are "down" the offset-trend seems that it
tries to recover slowly this large gap. When they re-enter the offset
returns to the values of the normal trend (approximately one straight
line therefore..).

I understand that without satellite's signal the time precision is not
guaranteed but don't understand why i always see this "1-second" gap..

Anyone can help me?

thanks

--
David Anullo