[ntp:questions] Max number of lines that ntpdc -c monlist could display

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Mon Apr 30 04:15:33 UTC 2007

Eugen COCA wrote:
> What is the maximum number of lines that
>
> ntpdc -c monlist
>
> command could display ?

#define	MAXMONMEM	600	/* we allocate up to 600 structures */

> Are there any ways to "correct" this limmitation only by modifying the
> ntpdc source code or the problem is from the ntpd itself ?

Just increase the above value in ntpd/ntp_monitor.c.

Note that you may have problems getting that many due to the limitations
of UDP and network traffic. I forget how many it returns at a time but
it will generally continue to read them until done.

Danny