[ntp:questions] Building/cannabalizing a WWVB radioclock...

Pete Stephenson pete+usenet at heypete.com
Fri Aug 3 20:08:12 UTC 2007

In article <f8vs8b$j95$1 at bluegill.adi.com>,
 schulz at adi.com (Thomas Schulz) wrote:

> PON is Power On.  The clock does not run the receiver all of the time
> in order to conserve the batteries.

Ah, that makes sense.

> Note as above that the receiver is not running all of the time.  I
> believe that it is on only a few minutes per day.

In that case, I may need to use D cells or a power adapter for long-term
use.

> The radio receiver is switched on and off with the PON signal from the clock.
> You could disconnect the PON line from the clock and wire it so that the
> receiver is always on.  You would have to experiment to see if you do that
> by connecting it to VCC or GND.

Noted.

Thanks for the information.

It may simply be easier to get a GPS 18 LVC and see if I can get it
connected and seeing if it'll reach a nearby spot where I can get
signal. Either that, or get a "proper" WWVB receiver with a better
antenna.

--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com