[ntp:questions] NTP Installer Upgrade

Heiko Gerstung heiko_removeme_.gerstung at meinberg.de
Mon Aug 6 10:47:23 UTC 2007

Hi Time Gurus out there!

One of my favourite singers and songwriters, Mr. Billy Joel once sung "Only the
good die young" and this applies to our recent version of the NTP Installer for
Windows as well.

I added a few features and fixed some minor bugs since I released the "Foehr"
version and now you can find "foehr-v2" on our NTP download page
(http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm):

- now Windows Firewall handling works in unattended/silent install mode as well
- FW checking can be turned off during interactive installs (additional checkbox)
- the installer now creates start menu entries for generic start/stop/restart
and status query scripts which are included in the installer
- a start menu entry for editing the configuration file helps users to actually
find it better :-)
- there are a few weblinks added to the start menu as well
(the whole start menu entry creation can be deselected, of course!)

The installer has been digitally signed with our Meinberg signature on August
6th, 2007 (today).

This is not a major or otherwise important update, if you already have the foehr
version installed, there is no need to switch to this version (the NTP binaries
are exactly the same).

Best Regards,
Heiko