[ntp:questions] Unresolved Symbol

Aggie c.kevin.lam at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 20:36:00 UTC 2007

What do you mean by "followed the SYS_VXWORKS" code in the tree?

I just found out that there's a variable called nofork in ntp, i think
i will just need to set this variable to 1, then i won't need to use
fork().

Wait() and pipe() are only called in makeshell.c    What does this
file do?? Do i have to use this file??

And adjtime() isn't implemented in vxworks.   In ntp_machine.h casey
left a note:

/* usrtime.h
 * Bob Herlien's excellent time code find it at:
 * ftp://ftp.atd.ucar.edu/pub/vxworks/vx/usrTime.shar
 * I would recommend this instead of clock_[g|s]ettime() plus you get
 * adjtime() too ... casey
 */

But the link is no longer valid. Does anyone have this file?? Thanks

I couldn't build the ntp for vxworks yet. I will add content to the
link once I know how. I realized many persons have been trying to port
ntp to vxworks. I will post a full step by step procedure of how to
port it once I know. Please help.