[ntp:questions] Unresolved Symbol

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Wed Aug 8 17:36:42 UTC 2007

Aggie wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have been working on porting NTP to VxWorks. When I load the ntpd
> the target, it gives me a list of unresolved symbols. Here's the
> list:
> SetLastError, getpagesize, sys_nerr, adjtime, pipe, wait, fork,
> sys_errlist, getaddrinfo, cannonicalize_file_name, _exit.

Well this seems to be using Windows implementation. SetLastError()
definitely is but should be rarely used if ever. GetLastError() does get
used for Windows. Some of the otheres like getaddrinfo() get used if you
don't have IPv6 and are in the ntp_rfc2553.c code. fork() is a Unix
construct and _exit() is Windows, while sys_errlist and sys_nerr are
pretty standard for errors.

How are you building this on VxWorks? It's a strange mixture.

Danny