[ntp:questions] NTP architecture recommendation

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Fri Aug 17 22:16:26 UTC 2007

Depending on your budget you might want some sort of atomic clock in there
for the times when you are not getting a signal.  You might also want to
look at a modem driver as a 2nd source.

To my knowledge Meinberg has never been bitten by a software bug where their
clocks would report incorrect time.

Regardless, I tend to suggest to folks that they peer all their top-tier
servers and use different vendors *and* different modalities.

Finally, I believe President Bush said that in the time of certain
emergencies he would order the GPS satellites to broadcast incorrect time
(which would make GPS unreliable for ... navigation); this possibility is at
least something to be aware of.