[ntp:questions] NTP architecture recommendation

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Sat Aug 18 06:58:25 UTC 2007

  http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/saoff/
  http://www.niceties.com/atomic.html

>My feeling is that even "degraded" would still be within the
>microsecond.....

The graphs in the above URLs used gear with a very good local
oscillator so they could average over a long time period.

I'm not sure what you would get from a typical inexpensive GPS
reveiver.  I'd be impressed if you could measure the difference
with a typical NTP setup.