[ntp:questions] NTP architecture recommendation

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 18 19:15:50 UTC 2007

Harlan Stenn wrote:

> Richard> I suspect that the precision desired was that of position rather
> Richard> than time.
>
> Have you read any of Judah Levine's posts on this subject?

I believe that I have read all the posts to this newsgroup over the last
three or four years including many by Judah Levine.  (Correction, I have
omitted reading the drivel posted by that "MI5Victim" idiot!)  I don't
recall any of Judah's posts that referred to "selective availability" or
the encryption of the low order bits in the GPS time.  I still have
available the last sixty days or so and none refer to selective
availability.

On those occasions when I have plotted the GPS position values from a
fixed point, I have noticed an uncertainty of about 300 feet in a more
or less East-West direction.  I would not consider this adequate in
combat situation.

Instead of cryptic questions, how about just saying what you mean?