[ntp:questions] NTP architecture recommendation

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Sun Aug 19 09:30:52 UTC 2007

cray74 wrote:
> On Aug 18, 12:16 am, Harlan Stenn <st... at ntp.org> wrote:

>>Finally, I believe President Bush said that in the time of certain
>>emergencies he would order the GPS satellites to broadcast incorrect time
>>(which would make GPS unreliable for ... navigation); this possibility is at
>>least something to be aware of.

All the NeoCon Wunderwaffen depend on GPS ( afaik )
or/and at least a functioning space element.
(SatCom, VideoLink, Networked Soldier, whatnot)
One of the (IMHO the core) reasons Bush had it
announced that any nation that is a potential risk
to US hegemony will be denied space access.

Shortly after that the Chinese produced a proof
of concept that Bush may be sitting on thin air.

> Great comment, will consider it in my decision!

There is GLONAS, and there will be GALILEO.
I have seen announcements of combi receivers for all three.
Hail to a multipolar world.

> thx

uwe