[ntp:questions] ntp.conf

Aggie c.kevin.lam at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:38:24 UTC 2007

Dear all,

Here's what I want to do. I want to change the clock on my client
machine will automatically adjust when I change the clock on my server
machine. And I also want to record the statistics.

Here's what I did: I use an ethernet cable connect directly between
these two machine. And I'm not connecting any of these machine to the
internet.  Then I downloaded and installed NTP on both machine and
modify the ntp.conf

On my server, ntp.conf:
driftfile "C:\Program Files\NTP\etc\ntp.drift"
server 127.127.1.0 prefer minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 0 refid LCL

On my client, ntp.conf:
driftfile "C:\Program Files\NTP\etc\ntp.drift"
server 192.168.1.2 perfer minpoll 4 maxpoll 4

Result: It works as what i expect. The client adjust its own clock and
syn to the server clock.

Here's the problem:
I don't know how to record statistics

I'm trying to record some statistic by modifying the ntp.conf file, so
I added the following lines to the ntp.conf file on client machine:

enable stats
statistics clockstats peerstats loopstats rawstats sysstats
statsdir "C:\Program Files\NTP\etc\"

filegen loopstats file loopstats.txt type day enable
filegen sysstats file sysstats.txt type day enable
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day link enable
filegen sysstats file sysstats.txt type day link enable

Did i do anything wrong?? Should i add the same lines on server
machine? Thank you for the help in advance.