[ntp:questions] WiFi & NTP.

Dennis Hilberg Jr dont at spam.me
Thu Aug 30 02:56:48 UTC 2007

Jason Rabel wrote:
> Those numbers seem much more reasonable.
>
> The root dispersion is the maximum error between the local clock and the
> root of the NTP chain. Your time on each system is accurate to within the
> range given above.

My problem is that I misunderstood you when you said 'precision'.  I was
simply referring to offsets grabbed from ntpq.  Perhaps Guy was too.

As a humorous side note, my Windows machine, which also syncs to my stratum
1 using the Meinberg NTP distribution, has a rootdispersion=80.430 with an
offset=57.178.

Sorry to hijack the thread, by the way. ;)

--
Dennis Hilberg Jr <timekeeper(at)dennishilberg(dot)com>

NTP Server Information: http://saturn.dennishilberg.com/ntp.php