[ntp:questions] Dual-core systems - AMD - Windows Vista

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Sat Dec 1 13:37:03 UTC 2007

Folks,

I'm still trying to resolve NTP on Windows Vista.  I do have a dual-core
system, so I was wondering how NTP handled dual-core.  Does it discipline
both cores, and is a special start-up switch required?  Should I define
the affinity for NTP to a single core?

Looking at the AMD Web site, they do have a utility to sync the two
cores - "AMD Dual-Core Optimizer" - under certain circumstances.  I tried
to install this on Vista, but a file appears to be missing!  Has anyone
got this working, and does it affect NTP?

  http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

I seem to be full of questions and not answers today!

Thanks,
David