[ntp:questions] Issues with ACCORD Reference Clock Driver

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Mon Dec 3 15:46:18 UTC 2007

>The NMEA driver uses 3 mode bits.  I think more are available.
>The docs say that flag1 is unused for the NMEA driver.

It would be really nice if there was a clean way to specify the
baud rate.

Several of the NMEA units I'm familiar with allow you to set
the baud rate they use.  I expect there are times when it would
be nice to run faster than 4800.

>You could also see if the initial stock probes return valid data, and if not
>switch to the baud rate you need for your clock and try it that way instead
>(which would obviate the need for any flag bits).

Do you want to maintain that sort of code?  Let's not go there.

>And now that we are rolling out the new config parser there is the
>possibility for a new config file format that will include the baud rate.

That would be great.  Are there any examples of adding an option to
the server line?