[ntp:questions] Dual-core systems - AMD - Windows Vista

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 16:03:14 UTC 2007

Martin Burnicki wrote:
[]
> I've just set up a new test under Vista, so let's see.
>
> What I can say right now is that the default tick adjustment value is
> 156001 instead of 156250 which it used to be on earlier Windows
> versions. Also the granularity of the system clock has changed from
> 15.625 ms to 1 ms.
>
> Maybe the timer tick interpolation code is not quite appropriate for
> these settings.
>

> Martin

Martin, thanks for that interesting information.  I'd love to know if you
see similar offsets to me, or if it's just a quirk of the system here.
It's a test system and not a production one, so if you need anything
tested just shout.  As you may have seen, I have been trying to get ntpd
to compile here, but with little joy so far.

Cheers,
David