[ntp:questions] Issues with ACCORD Reference Clock Driver

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon Dec 3 22:22:20 UTC 2007

>>> In article <fj1ntn$bi9$1 at scrotar.nss.udel.edu>, "David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> writes:

David> ... The urge for utmost KISS and fewest driver files in the
David> public distribution is very strong. The problem is that the
David> distribution build process is so intricate that few refclock
David> builders, including me, can figure out how to incorporate a new
David> driver in a private distribution other than as a cuckoo of a current
David> one.

Dave,

Red herring.

You are one of the very few people who I have heard say this.

I have received a number of new drivers from people who have never before
piped up who send me new drivers that include:

- adding the small handful of (pretty obvious and often replicated) lines to
  configure.ac
- adding the code table entries that you clearly know how to do
- adding the module name to the obvious line in ntpd/Makefile.am

Forgive me, but I'm having a problem seeing how anybody could construe this
as intricate.

And for anybody who just feels they have better things to do than to figure
this out, I have volunteered publicly and often that I'm happy to either do
it for them or work with anybody to do these things.

http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!