[ntp:questions] Dual-core systems - AMD - Windows Vista

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 07:26:53 UTC 2007

Danny Mayer wrote:
[]
> You need to run the OpenSSL build first to create that directory. Just
> follow the instructions.
>
> Danny

Danny,

I'm afraid the build didn't work for me, so I tried creating a directory
"openssl" in the ntp tree, and copied 33 header files from the OpenSSL
tree.  Having done that, I got hundreds of compiler warnings about a
variety of topics (but not missing files), however, a .LIB file was
missing presumably because of the failed buld.

I find this in so many C/C++ projects - warnings which the author says to
"ignore those".  But the missing Lib file is a fatal error.  I really
would prefer not to write this off, so can you please:

- tell me how the environment should be defined so that there is no need
to create the  "openssl" directory and copy the headers there (I had
expected an entry in the ntp project definition).  What is $(OPENSSL) on
your system?  Perhaps I can match it on mine?

- send the missing LIB file?  It's \out32dll\libeay32.lib

I'd love to help on this, but I am struggling!

Cheers,
David