[ntp:questions] Dual-core systems - AMD - Windows Vista

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 14:55:30 UTC 2007

Danny Mayer wrote:
[]
> Start from the beginning. Delete everything and then reexport the
> compressed tar file. The top-level directory (openssl-0.9.8g) should
> be at the same level as the version of NTP that you are going to use.
>
> Run the following lines at the command-line prompt when you have cd to
> openssl-0.9.8g:
>> perl Configure VC-WIN32 --prefix=c:/some/openssl/dir
>> ms\do_nt
>> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak
>
> and you are done.
>
> Danny

Thanks for your patience with this, Danny.  I still can't get this to
work, but maybe I'm doing things incorrectly.  Two questions:

1 - by the same level, I take you to mean something like this, where the
first two files in each directory are:

D:\Temp\NTP\ntp-4.2.4p4.tar\ntp-4.2.4p4\aclocal.m4

D:\Temp\NTP\openssl-0.9.8g.tar\openssl-0.9.8g\ChangeLog.0_9_7-stable_not-in-head

2 - With this structure, what directory should I specify for "prefix"
instead of: c:/some/openssl/dir ?

Having done this, the NMAKE step fails, and the last few lines are: