[ntp:questions] time delta between clients

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Thu Dec 13 01:00:04 UTC 2007

Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Can you put a small PC with a GPS receiver on the top floor as a
> dedicated NTP server?

Perhaps, but I doubt I could get a "direct line" on the network from
the systems to it.

> There are devices (expensive) that will read the time from the
> reference signal of a CDMA cell phone base station and serve time
> via NTP.

I might be able to convince TPTB to fund a GPS18 or GPS185Hz
"experiment."  In this _specific_ instance the building is two stories
plus a mezzanine.  Perhaps I could get lucky.

rick jones
There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision.  - Jobert