[ntp:questions] Trace ntp sanity checks?

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Sat Dec 15 19:55:54 UTC 2007

>> assID‡73 status14 reach, 1 event, event_reach,
>> srcadrmaster1, srcport3, dstadr0.0.0.0,
>> dstport3, leap
>
>You see, it's garbage again. It's hard to keep up under this circumstances.

My copy wasn't garbled.

It looked like this:
  assID=8773 status=1014 reach, 1 event, event_reach,
  srcadr=master1, srcport=123, dstadr=0.0.0.0,
  dstport=123, leap=00, stratum=4, precision=0, rootdelay=0.000,

But this header line looks interesting:

I'm reading the usenet side.  My newsreader is probably dumb enough
to ignore that line.  I don't know if it's even legal in usenet headers
or just got passed through by the email=>usenet gateway.