[ntp:questions] A ntp client is running ahead of time of our netowork ntp server.

Chuck Amadi chuck.amadi at rokcorp.com
Fri Feb 2 09:57:39 UTC 2007

Hi Uwe

Thanks for the pointer.

Unfortunatley I am still learning the network topology as I have just
moved on from a previous Sysadmin job.
So I have saved the tp in my mail NTP folder and when I get the
opportunity to reboot the boxes will try the "noapic"
as the boot option.

Cheers

Chuck
> Hi,
> if your clock is gaining fast and has high jitter:
>
> There is an issue with at least some nForce2 nVidia MoBos gaining on the
> clock because of apic routed timer interrupts being counted twice on
> occasion this is agravated by  enabling spread spectrum for the clocks.
>
> You may try to boot your SuSE system with "noapic" as boot option
> or boot the "Savesettings" entry.

Chuck Amadi
ROK Corporation Limited
Ty ROK,
Dyffryn Business Park,
Llantwit Major Road,
Llandow,
Vale Of Glamorgan.
CF71 7PY

Tel: 01446 795 839
Fax: 01446 794 994
International Tel:   +44 1446 795 839

email: chuck.amadi at rokcorp.com

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe
that you are the intended recipient, do not pass it on or copy it in any
way. Please delete it immediately.