[ntp:questions] nptq -p slowness

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Sun Feb 4 07:20:04 UTC 2007

Danny Mayer wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>> Danny Mayer wrote:

>>> You can use dig to lookup names from addresses if you really need to
>>> know and since the value of the refid is not necessarily an IPv4
>>> address it's not something we should be doing anyway.
>>>
>>> Danny
>>
>> Why use two tools when one would do?  Computers should be /reducing/
>> the amount of typing (or whatever), so I would rather see the option
>> as part of NTPQ.
>>
>> David
>
> It's called ntptrace.
>
> Danny

Thanks, Danny.

Unfortunately, ntptrace.exe does not appear to be in the Meinberg
distribution.

I did find one from 2003 (V4.1.2 from Terje Mathisen) which still seems to
work, but it doesn't do the same job - it only shows the single selected
sync source for a remote server, whereas ntpq lists all sources.

(BTW: there is no need to send me an e-mailed copy of your response.)

Cheers,
David