[ntp:questions] nptq -p slowness

mills at udel.edu mills at udel.edu
Mon Feb 5 16:54:08 UTC 2007

Danny,

I don't understand your problem. The reference ID for the server is
unambiguous. As specified, it is the refetence ID of the reference clock
(stratum 1) or source (remote) address/hash of the system peer (stratum
 > 1), however that is determined. It has nothing to do with the
destination (local) address, whichever NIC is involved. You might be
concerned about which local address to use as a client, but that is not
an NTP issue. That's why the Autokey is so picky about knowing which one
to use before launching the first packet.

Dave