[ntp:questions] Meinberg DCF77 C51 with Linux 2.6

Maurice Janssen mauricej at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 11 09:32:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:38:32 +0100, Rune Magnussen wrote:
>Still waiting for a stable signal.

As a quick test to see if anything at all is coming in, you could use a
terminal program (minicom, hyperterm, etc.).
BTW: is the C51 set to send the time string every minute or second, or
only on request?

>I am using a printer cable with 9
>(female) / 25 (male) connectors. Is that the kind of cable you were
>thinking of?

I don't have any experience with serial printers, so I'm not sure if
such a cable should work or not.

>i started out using an ordinay modem cable but since it did not work at
>first I started this journey into the RS-232 jungle.

I would expect that cable to work out of the box.  Unfortunately I can't
test it, as I don't have a C51.

--
Maurice