[ntp:questions] Meinberg DCF77 C51 with Linux 2.6

Maurice Janssen mauricej at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 11 14:44:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:00:53 +0100, Rune Magnussen wrote:
>Can I use the ntpd staistics to tell if the clock is used? It looks like
>it is much easier to receive the signal at night.

That could be the case.  For a few 100 km from Mainflingen, the ground
wave is dominant and rather stable.  From about 600 km (IIRC) the sky
wave (bouncing of the ionosphere) can interfere with the ground wave.
As the altitude of the ionosphere changes (day/night and summer/winter),
the interference also depends on the time of day (and time of year).

--
Maurice