[ntp:questions] Meinberg DCF77 C51 with Linux 2.6

Frank Kardel kardel at ntp.org
Sun Feb 11 21:49:54 UTC 2007

Rune Magnussen <rum at gratismail.dk> writes:

> Den Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:25:09 +0100. skrev Frank Kardel:
>

>>> /Rune
>> No, thats not it. It should look more like this:
>>
> [snip - clockstatus]
>
> Nice to see what it should look like.
>>

> The cu program sees all binary zeros as well.
Strange - I am leaning to my fellow posters theory that
you are looking at something that generates breaks.
> I du not see anything, but
> if I switch terminal I get at notice that the terminal with cu is updated.
I am not sure what you mean by that. Not being a Linux expert I
can only give you non Linux tty hints:
    - use a dialout port
    - use a port that does not require DCD (Carrier Detect) being active
Maybe you can map the to Linux terms.

> What kind of cable do you use?
I soldered mine, so I am afraind I am not a big help here.

> Am I looking at a faulty tty-port ?
That would be very seldom. I suspect still wrong wiring.

> /Rune
Frank

PS: will soon be AFK again - so no posts during the week.