[ntp:questions] Meinberg DCF77 C51 with Linux 2.6

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 07:44:35 UTC 2007

From: Uwe Klein <uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de>

> the same happened if the currentloop in rs422 was broken

Although the relevant parts of the article seem OK, rs422 is not current
loop.  I think current loop is so old that it pre-dates current loop.
RS422 is bipolar balanced.  Current loop is unipolar, and likely to be
unbalanced.

I think RS422 receivers are biassed in the same way as RS232 ones so that
a physical line break doesn't result in a spacing condition, and therefore
a break condition detection.  (I suspect this is why RS232 data and control
lines have opposite senses, so that disconnected goes to control false, but
to data marking.

Incidentally, your copy of Mozilla seems to have been configured not to
request German language responses; is that what you intended?