[ntp:questions] how will this effect stability

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Thu Feb 15 20:57:17 UTC 2007

Terje Mathisen wrote:
> Uwe Klein wrote:
>
>> But I have full control over (nearly/99%) of all traffic
>> which would lend itself to ticking of ntpd to go look and ask _now_ .
>> ( We/I had that discussion a couple of weeks ago.)
>

> Please let huffpuff run for a few days while plotting frequency and
> offset values, my guess is it will turn out to be darn stable. :-)
>
> Terje

some data to gloat over:
huffpuff is at 160000 added ~19:00 on the 14th
t-online was added later.

t-online.png is the ntp server of my provicer ntp1.t-online.de over dsl
ptb.png is the same to ptbtime1.ptb.de , dsl and then some more hops
robert.png is to another host on the local network.10Base100

http:// home.foni.net/ ~kuttersegeln/ntp/