[ntp:questions] Resolution and Precision

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Feb 16 18:19:24 UTC 2007

Ry,

You scratch a really contentious itch. The PDF report you found was my
submission to the NTP working group, but it is not in Postel ASCII as
required by the IETF. The Postel ASCII is the .txt format you found, but
it has not been formated as Postel ASCII yet. BOth documents are
intended to describe the same specification; however, the .txt document,
which has been wordsmithed somewhat from the PDF, is probably the
definitive document.

Dave