[ntp:questions] HopfClockSerial with Suse 10.2
uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Fri Feb 23 10:59:47 UTC 2007
Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Hal Murray wrote:
>>Is anybody in contact with the NTP folks a Suse? Maybe
>>a comment should be added to their ntp.conf to remind
>>people who add refclocks.
> I think I've seen some mails/news from NTP folk at SUSE and I'll try to
> contact them to see what can be done.
With Yast ( the SuSE config/admin tool ) you usually do not touch the conf file.
You select some servers, add options and select a server for initial clock setting.
If you have an active firewall holes for ntp are "hacked" to measure.
from the yast ntp client doc:
YaST2 NTP client component specification
Author: Jiri Srain <jsrain at suse.cz>
- Set the servers to synchronize time from
- Set the servers for initial system time setting before xntp is started
- Set broadcast client to configure time via listening to network broadcasts
- Set peers to synchronize multiple hosts one to each other
- Set broadcasting addresses to broadcast time informatio to other hosts
- Set local serial port radio clock
1. Main dialog
Must provide possibility to set if start/not start NTP daemon after
system starts. Wnen possible (in future), then possibility to start
"spec.txt" 159L, 4037C 1,1 Anfang
More information about the questions