[ntp:questions] unexpected multicast client operation

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Feb 24 01:01:26 UTC 2007

Danny,

The mechanism works for both multicast and broadcast; however, the
multicast configuration syntax gets in the way. The parser could be
easily changed to recognize novolley as not a host hame, but then I
guarantee that somebody will bring up a host with that name.

Originally, things like this were intended to be fixed using the new
syntax-driven configuration code, but that project appears dead in the soup.

Dave