[ntp:questions] (Software) timeserver for windows being broadcast-able incl. keys

Erik e.van.duijn at heineken.nl
Mon Feb 26 08:33:05 UTC 2007

Hello Danny,
thanks for the input

> That's the older security mechanism so don't look at autokey. You need
> to set up the keys right in your config file.

Ok, so not Autokey
BTW With 'setting up right in your config-file' I assume you mean
setting it up in the ntp.conf - file on the PC on which NTP-prog is
installed ?
This would the be something like
broadcast key 1 2 15
(since on client no subnet-address is specified, only
'broadcastclient')?

> The standard documentation shows how to set that up.

I will look into this further. But for my general understanding
(again, a novice in
this area):
The NTP-program from the ntp.org-site is kind of the windows-version
of the one present on for instance Linux-systems but with the same
capabilities??

> Please post your config file.

The ntp.conf you mean?

Thanks