[ntp:questions] (Software) timeserver for windows being broadcast-able incl. keys

Erik e.van.duijn at heineken.nl
Mon Feb 26 09:37:20 UTC 2007

Hello Danny

> > broadcast key 1 2 15
> > (since on client no subnet-address is specified, only
> > 'broadcastclient')?
>
> No, that's wrong. broadcast takes the broadcast or multicast address

... but the client has no address specified, just 'broadcastclient'
what would be the subnet-address to make sure that all clients
(approx. 40) will receive the broadcast ?
   255.255.255.255 ??

> followed by the key and one key number. If you add a second key it will
> likely write over the first. Choose just one key to use. Remember it's
> the server authenticating to the client and not the other way around.

ok, I assumed while on the client these three keys are present, all of
these three keys are also to be expected in the broadcast
Should I then read the client's key-list as an OR list then? I.e. or
this key, or that key then broadcast can be 'trusted'
In other words: I can just pick one out?

p.s.: thanks for the tip concerning the Meinberg-built prog

Erik