[ntp:questions] Question on HuffPuff

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Mon Feb 26 18:55:27 UTC 2007

>as reported earlier I have a system running at the far end of an
>  ISDN line ( 36ms idle delay , a second or two dialup timeout
>if the line is down at poll)

That dialup delay is what's causing the problem.

As an experiment, can you leave it connected for a while? (hour)

You can also try "burst" on the server line.  That will send
a burst of packets rather than just one.  The filtering should
ignore the long delays on the first one or two.

Beware: burst will increase traffic.  Some servers may not
like that.