[ntp:questions] Authentication of time servers behind NAT / Firewall

mills at udel.edu mills at udel.edu
Wed Feb 28 19:02:42 UTC 2007

Vanya,

My intent in writing the proposed specification was to leave room for an
association identifier, but not specify explicit means at this time. A
natural way to do this is a Diffie-Hellman exchange to develop a shared
secret and use that instead of the addresses. Of course, the original
symmetric (private) key continues to work.

Dave