[ntp:questions] Doubt about Syncronization of GPS SPECTRACOM(2)

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Wed Feb 28 20:47:02 UTC 2007

>My doubt is about how can I consult my SPECTRACOM(2)? What the correct
>way? I only can consult using the command ntpq or I can use de command
>ntpdate with the serial port (127.127.4.2)? follow below:
>
># ntpdate -qd 127.127.4.2

I think you are confused about how ntpd works.

ntpd talks to your spectracom box.  If you want the time,
you should talk to ntpd.

You can't talk to the 127.127.x.y class of IP addresses
(unless your system is a bit strange and you have something
out there).  That's a funny IP address that ntpd uses internally
as a hook to get to special hardware that is directly connected
rather than talking to another server over the internet.