[ntp:questions] New Year Firework Launch Synchronization (was Re: NTPD on 64bit Windows)

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Wed Jan 10 08:05:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:45:40 +0100 in comp.protocols.time.ntp, Uwe Klein
<uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de> wrote:

>Heiko Gerstung wrote:

>>> I  have some tcl scripts that can hit any given second boundary with
>>> good accuracy ( ~5-10ms) on a linux box.( use it for changing data sinks
>>> every 30 minutes on the "second" er Hour.
>>> You will have to take  fuse delay into account.
>>> Ignition goes by way of a decapitated small light bulb filled with a
>>> pinch of black powder.
>>
>> Sounds good, but the fuse delay measurements can be tricky, I guess. But
>> you forgot the mandatory statement:
>>
>> KIDS! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! :-)
>
>Why?
>I built my first electric fuse when i was ten.
>
>Hysterically keeping kids away from any possible
>or impossible danger is by itself very dangerous.
>
>You need experience to handle risk assessment.

When I was young I built an electric igniter using a 9V battery, a
switch, a couple of wires to spring terminals, and a few strands of
steel/wire wool between the spring terminals: a lot easier to get
(then), and replace, than debulbed light bulbs and black powder.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply