[ntp:questions] DUT1 frolics

shoppa at trailing-edge.com shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Wed Jan 10 17:22:17 UTC 2007

David L. Mills wrote:
> The scary part is the increased rate DUT1 is dropping.

Well, we went 7 years without a leap second. Now we're getting back on
track to getting a leap year every year or two, maybe even "making up"
for some of the fun we missed from 1999 through 2005.

Am I misinterpreting your editorial? :-).

In terms of time software, 7 years is several generations worth of
programmers. It's good to have a leap second every year or two
otherwise we end up with the programmers, and their bosses, and their
bosses never having dealt with it before.

Want me to fly over to Germany and get the Earth Rotation Service back
on the ball?

Tim.