[ntp:questions] Linux/Solaris- see connections from clients?

Stefan Lasiewski lasiewski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 19:54:33 UTC 2007

I'm in the process of migrating our local NTP server (Solaris) to a new
set of machines (Linux).

I've migrated all of the known NTP clients to use the new NTP servers.
However, I want to ensure that I haven't forgotten anything, and that

However, before I shut down the old NTP server, I want to ensure that
no clients are connecting to the old NTP server.

Is there a way within the xntp daemon on the server to log all incoming
client connections to this NTP server? I'm periodically monitoring for
network connections using netstat, but NTP connections are not
persistent, and I might be missing these NTP connections.

In ntp.conf, I set the following, but I'm not seeing any output from
clients:

logconfig =syncall +clockall +sysall +peerall

I appreciate your help.

-= Stefan