[ntp:questions] disable pll not working?

Stifi stefanjuon at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 16:31:15 UTC 2007

Richard, according the manpage of xntpd:

           pll          enable     Enables the server to adjust  its
                                       local  clock.  If  not  set,
the
                                       local  clock  free-runs  at
its
                                       intrinsic   time   and
frequency
                                       offset. This flag  is  useful
in
                                       case  the  local  clock  is
con-
                                       trolled by some other  device
or
                                       protocol  and NTP is used only
                                       provide synchronization to
other
                                       clients.

...so disabling pll in the configuration of xntpd I would expect xntpd
no longer tries to set the time on the local system. Maybe I
misunderstand this option????