[ntp:questions] Synchronizing Linux clients with Windows Server 2003 NTP

Paul.Croome at softwareag.com Paul.Croome at softwareag.com
Tue Jan 23 08:18:00 UTC 2007

George,

The load on a correctly-configured NTP server is often very much less
than
people imagine. I'm running an NTP server on a very old computer with a
60 megahertz (sic) CPU; it's serving about 60 NTP clients. The CPU load
is less than 2 percent. Using a modern computer, the amount of time
that
the CPU spends servicing NTP requests will be negligible, unless your
configuration has tens of thousands of clients. The NTP contribution to
disk
and Ethernet I/O traffic is also very small.

Paul

(...)