[ntp:questions] nptq -p slowness

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Sat Jan 27 23:45:37 UTC 2007

Hello Richard,

 On Friday, January 26, 2007 at 15:22:24 -0500, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

> Most TCP/IP stacks have a file (/etc/resolv.conf) that contains:
> "domain <mydefault domain>"

First thank you for your quick reply. OK: My /etc/resolv.conf seems
correct, just 2 lines:

| domain	<my-local-domain>
| nameserver	<lan-server-ip>

And it seems to work for other commands: Existing short names are
qualified and resolved immediatly, and non-existing ones get an error.
Only ntpq seems to timeout...

Your suggestion gave me a test idea: ntpq worked fast again when I added
to /etc/hosts:

| 127.0.0.2	DCF
| 127.0.0.3	INIT
| 127.0.0.4	LOCL

But... I imagine this can't be a clean solution! ;-)

Serge.