[ntp:questions] nptq -p slowness
stenn at ntp.isc.org
Mon Jan 29 20:14:01 UTC 2007
I think the "decode the refid" problem is just a bit more difficult than we
have been discussing.
My notes on this show that we *used* to be able to decode the refid based on
- S0: the refid contains a KOD code
- S1: the refid is the refclock type
- S2+: the refid contains a "token" that IDs the server we are syncing with
and for the S2+ case, if the remote server is giving us an IPv4 address then
the refid is that IPv4 address.
There are now 2 additional complicating matters
- the address can be IPv4 or IPv6, and we do not seem to have a way to
know which it is
- A refclock can now advertise as being "worse" than S1
We already sometimes have to follow the associd chain - I am wondering if we
may need to do something similar here.
More information about the questions