[ntp:questions] How to configure ntp client to connect to localhost?

Ron Ogle ogler at tce.com
Tue Jul 3 00:02:50 UTC 2007

I would like to set my ntp client to connect to localhost.  The normal
connection does not allow this.

My situation is that I use SSH for all of my communications to external
servers.  I need my clients to tunnel their NTP requests over this tunnel.

I can setup a TCP or UDP tunnel on local port 123 that is actually a
remote connection to another server's NTP service.

I do this as a security measure.  It allows me to allow only outgoing
connections from a firewall perspective.

Thanks in advance.
Ron Ogle