[ntp:questions] NTP under a Proxy

Elio elio.gi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:17:07 UTC 2007

Harlan Stenn wrote:

>Elio> My company LAN is protected by a Proxy, so I can't access internet
>Elio> directly.  This is a problem for the NTP connection: I've read the
>Elio> possibility to configure a "proxy connection" in order to use NTP
>Elio> server under a proxy protected LAN.
>
> Harlan Stenn>The easiest way to do this is to run ntpd on your proxy host.
 Let that
>Harlan Stenn>machine be the local server for the machines on your protected
LAN.

Hello Harlan,
your solution is very efficient, but for me there is a problem to accomplish
it.

I don't have access to my company proxy host, so i can't configure it.
The only pc that I can configure is my host pc.

Is there a solution for my problem? Could I use an http proxy for my NTP
communication?

Thanks a lot,
Elio.