[ntp:questions] Slightly OT: Looking for good GPS PCI time sources

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Jul 9 08:51:40 UTC 2007

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> There is one GPS receiver, whose brand name I have forgotten, that will
> give you the time stamp for the leading edge of a pulse you supply. The
> name "Palisade" just bubbled up from the sludge at the bottom of my
> mind. http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/palisade/ It does this trick via
> a serial port so you can forget about time stamping two pulses a few
> microseconds, or even milliseconds apart.

The Meinberg GPS PCI cards also provide a similar feature which we call
"time capture inputs":
http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/gps170pci.htm

You can apply hardware pulses to up to 2 time capture inputs which are
available at the connector in the slot cover. On the slopes of those
trigger signals the PCI card picks up time stamps with full accuracy of the
board which are saved in an on-board FIFO buffer. The FIFO buffer can hold
up to more than 600 capture events, which can then be retrieved either via
the PCI bus, or via the card's serial port.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren