[ntp:questions] Meinberg - GPS170PCI - ntpdate for step sync?

Thierry MARTIN thierry.martin at accellent-group.com
Thu Jul 12 08:47:22 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I ve been trying to setup a configuration based on a Fedora Core 5.
The ntp package version is : 4.2.0.
I have installed a Meinberg GPS170PCI board + mbgntp driver.

The question is: when you start ntp service, how to perform the initial
"step" synchronisation based on the GPS time reference with ntpdate?

Usually ntpdate uses the servers listed in /etc/ntp/step-tickers to do the
initial sync, but in this case, I have no server...

Thanks in advance for you help.

Thierry MARTIN