[ntp:questions] Meinberg - GPS170PCI - ntpdate for step sync?

Thierry MARTIN thierry-martin at ifrance.com
Thu Jul 12 13:09:44 UTC 2007

Hi again,

I tried and run "ntpd -gq"; my "new" problem is that it takes more than 1 mn
to complete.
Considering this operation takes place when ntp service is started, this is
too long.

So I am still in need of advice... Do I miss something in my configuration
file?

Here is the content of  /tmp/ntp.conf:
<<
server 127.127.8.0 mode 2
fudge 127.127.8.0 time1 0.0
fudge 127.127.8.0 refid GPSi

And here is the command + output:
# date; ntpd -g -q -c /tmp/ntp.conf; date
Thu Jul 12 14:44:39 CEST 2007
ntpd: time set +10.681068s
Thu Jul 12 14:45:40 CEST 2007

Regards